The Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover, 3684F is a compact and lightweight canister vacuum suitable for cleaning pet hair, particularly cats’ mess as well as dogs’ and other types of animals, and has a superior 12AMP motor embedded with on-board cleaning tools fit for various types of surfaces including stairs, bare floors, area rugs, and upholstery. Furthermore, the Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover, 3684F has HEPA filtration technology capable of capturing nearly a hundred percent of allergens and dust including the microscopic ones down to 0.3 microns.
Quick Details (as of writing):
If there’s only one thing this Eureka is good at, it’s pet hair removal. Almost every attribute of this model is dedicated to pet hair eradication. Firstly, it’s equipped with the Pet Power Paw that comes with a motorized brush adeptly capable of picking up pet hair on both upholstery and stairs; however, cleaning on carpet is a little bit dull due to the absence of a beater bar.
Maneuverability of this unit is quite easy – credits to the lightweight feature of this vac, it will only cost a force of not more than 9lbs to lift the unit. Transporting it from room to room or carrying it up and down the stairs is fairly effortless because it is lightweight.
For people looking for a hundred percent convenience in operation, you may find it a little disappointing considering the unit has no shoulder straps. This simple add-on may offer a huge help because it keeps your other hand free, because the unit could be simply strapped on your shoulders, thus your other hand may control attachments in confined and cramped areas. But then again, a shoulder strap is not available so your other hand may not be dedicated to other things after all.
- HEPA filtration prohibits allergens from getting out into the atmosphere
- Easy to carry – as lightweight as 8.6lbs
- Pet odor is eliminated by especially designed bag.
- You can reach the ceiling thanks to the telescopic wand.
- Compared to the Eureka 3670G, it has a wider cleaning path (11 inches).
- Eradicate pet hair on stairs and upholstery with the “pet power paw” attachment.
- Operating costs add up due to the HEPA bags
- Motorized brush is unavailable in the floor tool
- No cord rewind available for this unit (but the vacuum becomes heavier when it is available, consequently invalidating its lightweight feature)
- Build quality of the hose is somewhat questionable
- Wand has no available storage
- Pet Power Paw tool
- Other attachments include combination brush/upholstery tool and crevice tool
- Cord storage available below the canister
- Telescopic wand with astonishing reach of up to 55 inches
- Arm and Hammer odor eliminating technology equipped in the dust bags that gets rid of foul odor
- Powerful 12 amp motor delivers great suction power
- HEPA filtration technology makes this model friendly for people with allergies as it prohibits up to 99.97 % of pollen and allergens from escaping into the atmosphere.
- Power cord reaches up to 20 feet and can be easily stored
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
As mentioned above, this unit doesn’t come with a beater bar, which every consumer wishes the brand could have one, making it somewhat tedious to work on carpets. Matter of fact, many users would agree when I say carpet performance really suffers; however, cleaning thin pile carpets is still possible with the help of the floor tool which ability reaches to cleaning dirt on the said surface but is only limited to that.
Bare floor verdict
The Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover, 3684F may, to some degree, suck in cleaning carpeted areas, but it is rather BEST on bare floor surfaces. The powerful 12 amp motor releases the beast in this unit, producing suction that really dominates the said surface.
Note again that the model features NO motorized brush on the floor tool, making you rely fully and only on the suction to be responsible of the clean-up process. Good news – it truly does a satisfactory job in removing all types of debris, given the size could fit in the opening.
Downside: The bag will clog quite fast when sucking sawdust so avoid using the vacuum on this particular type of debris, that is, of course, when you’re household has a lot of sawdust – a rare possibility by the way but still probable so this reminder is worth noting. Cleaning sawdust is better with a shop vacuum.
When it comes to cleaning your stairs, the adjustable telescopic wand will truly serve you well. Added with the attachments and the floor tool, what more could you ask for?
Pet hair removal
With the Power Paw Tool, pet hair removal is a blast! This attachment is like an answered prayer to pet hair issues as it conveniently does a great job removing pet hair away from your upholstery and related surfaces, leaving them in tip-top shape.
The only downside is the path isn’t wide enough, just a mere 3-4 inch in width; however, it’s main card is the motorized brush tool that makes pet hair removal so effective. A little hope emerges in cleaning carpets as the same tool can be utilized in cleaning carpeted floors or stairs.
At the end of the day, the narrow cleaning path makes it the biggest reason this vac is best used as a spot cleaner specializing in pet hair removal.
With a price of less than a hundred dollars, this vacuum is truly attractive to most consumers considering the features and wonder that this model could offer. Buying this from Walmart and Amazon is more practical as it will only cost you less than $100 or $90 compared to buying it on their website which costs almost $100.
This canister vacuum will serve great on households dominated with bare floor surfaces with little to no carpeted areas. Additionally, the Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover, 3684F is one of the best deals if you’re looking for a vac proficient in removing pet hair that comes with an affordable price.