Best Vacuum for Long Hair for 2020 – Top 10 Picks
It is quite a hard task when it comes to vacuum picking up hair. The size of your hair can significantly determine which vacuum cleaner you should buy. Besides, there are varieties of vacuums best for such tasks. You should do detailed research on vacuums before purchasing one.
Remember that this product is not cheap. Therefore, don’t waste your pennies on something you not sure with. In this guide, our focus is on the best vacuum for long hair. It includes varieties of the best models in the market that will be a great purchase. Our top picks include the following:
10 Best Vacuum for Long Hair Reviews
1. Dyson Ball Animal 2 Vacuum Cleaner
It is one of the most durable vacuum cleaners in the market. It has a reliable suction power that is enough to tackle long hairs on the floor. The versatile self-adjusting head of the cleaner will amaze you. It can change the suction depending on the type of floor you clean. Besides, it works automatically. You don’t need to work on its settings has it detects and changes the suction power.
It also features a turbine too that is tangle-free. It easily removes even the pet hair on the floor. The vacuum has beater brushes that pick up every turn when you are moving around. Additionally, the head has three types of suction settings compatible with all kinds of floors. It features a removable bin that quickly empties on a simple button press. It is an incredible vacuum cleaner.
- It has a versatile cleaner head that is self-adjusting
- Offers a stronger suction and can hold up to 0.55 gallons
- Its design makes cleaning under furniture easy
- It consists of unique accessories that dig out hair quickly
- Features a long cord and a filtration machine
- It offers excellent suction while cleaning
- The cleaner maneuvers effortlessly thus easy to handle
- It comprises of a long hose
- Comes with bin and filters that are reusable
- The vacuum is a bit expensive
- It tends to be heavy to handle
- Produces a loud sound when in maximum mode
- It tends to be tippy if not well secured
2. IRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum
It is compatible with Google’s assistant or Alexa app. It enables you to easily clean your house with the remote control of these devices. The vacuum cleaner is compatible with any smartphone. You can control the access of the cleaner and direct it to any room in the house that you need to clean. It uses robotic technology, so you only need to control it. Furthermore, it can map out places and respond to commands. The commands are through smart speakers.
It is the best vacuum cleaner in homes that has pets. Its rubber rollers can efficiently pull out dirt from the floor. The dustbin on the vacuum empties itself. It is automatic and has a broad base area. Due to its amazing features, the bin can hold dirt up to 60 days. Its brushes adjust perfectly and stay in line with carpet and hard floors.
- It features an imprint link technology that allows the cleaner to clean in sequence
- Suitable for homes that have pets
- It has smart navigation that will enable it to access your house easily
- It comes with multi-dual brushes that are tangle-free
- Can produce up to 10 x suction power
- Its design enhances emptying of the in
- Consists of advanced navigation features
- Smart speakers such as Alexa can control it
- It offers incredible lifting suctions
- It comes at a slightly higher price
- The vacuum produces a pretty loud noise at its maximum mode
- It tends to work well when the smartphone connects to WI-FI
3. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G
The canister cleaner has a potent motor that allows it to pick up hair, among other dirt, easily and quickly. Its weight makes it ideal for use in homes. The long extension cord on the cleaners enables it to have a vast reach. It can clean with higher areas such as ceilings. However, since this vacuum bags, it means you will have to buy extra dirtbags.
Additionally, it does not feature motorized brushes. It then recommends for use on bare floors. It has a blower port, just in case, you will need to use that function. In general, It is a fantastic cleaner for long hairs. Its ability enhances the vacuum to pick even that pettiest hair on the floor. It is perfect for quick and efficient cleaning work types.
- The dust bin can hold up to 2.5 liters of dirt
- It is suitable for use in homes
- It is a light-weight canister vacuum
- Consists of a power-touch handle thus easily controllable with fingertips
- It consists of a powerful motor of 12 amp
- Suitable for use on bare floors
- It offers a blower function
- Can also be used with people that have respiratory problems
- Has accessories that enhance cleaning of stairs and higher areas
- Has a long cord which increases the reach of the vacuum
- It tends to have difficulties cleaning carpets
- The vacuum doesn’t feature a shoulder strap
- It does not come with a filtration
- It is not easy to rewind the cleaner
4. Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Corded Bagless vacuum
To curb some of the biggest problems that an upright vacuum cleaner has, this shark navigator has a very long hose of about 12 feet long. Its longer tube allows it to reach most areas of the house effectively. With its light-weight, you can easily maneuver it around while moving. It works well on carpets and bare floors.
However, the cleaner does not come with a bag. You will have to add some extra cash to purchase kits. Besides, the bagless dirt cup can hold up to 2.6 quarts of dirt. One thing I like about this vacuum is that it has a long power cord. The cord enhances more comfortable reach to most places in the house. The powerful motor that produces 10 amp improves the performance of the cleaner.
- The vacuum has sharks that ensure that suction is not lost while cleaning
- Can hold up to 2.6 liters
- Consists of accessories such as pet brush, crevice tool, and dust brush
- Has a powerful motor of 1200 watts
- It uses the allergen filtration method
- It has a long foot power cord of about 25feet
- Offers a large dustbin area
- It is a pretty long vacuum cleaner
- Comes with a HEPA filtration
- Has a potent suction for all types of floors
- Comes with a pet hairbrush
- It tends to be tiresome while cleaning stairs
- Does not feature a swivel steering
- Its design can quickly fall
- Some of its accessories have no storage
5. BISSELL Cross wave Pet Pro
If you are looking for a dual vacuum, then consider this vacuum. It does both the two works simultaneously, thus saving on time and energy. Furthermore, it enables the floor to dry up quickly after cleaning. It has a powerful motor that makes sure that every dirt is absorbed. Its backlight technology ensures that some dirt that you cannot see by your eyes vacuums.
The multi-surface brushes work to ensure that you do not go through the hustle of switching tools. The brushes are made out of micro-fiber and nylon and run at 3,000rpm to effectively collect dirt. It also features a pet hair filter that collects hair from the floor quickly. The vacuum’s sleek and thin design makes it easy to handle and operate.
- Can reach more spaces as the cord length measures 25 feet long
- Comes with a pet cleaning solution that gets rid of pet odor
- The water tank has a capacity of 28mm
- Features a pet brush that is a multi-surface
- Can reach up to 12 inches width per single move
- It can wash and vacuum the floor at the same time
- It cleans even the tiniest dirt on the floor
- Ensures consistency of its features during cleaning
- It is easy to handle and operate
- It can clean a large area with a single touch
- It is not ideal for all kinds of floor
- Does not have more attachments
- If you don’t rinse it thoroughly, it tends to leave some patches on the floor
6. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum
Its duo- clean technology is beneficial in cleaning under carpets and rags. It features a bristle brush and a soft brush roll that enhances this. The bristle works to remove dirt and hair that is beneath the carpet while the soft brush cleans the large debris. Furthermore, its design improves the performance of the cleaner. It is a full-size upright cleaner that gives access to reach hard to clean areas.
Its wheels design is so unique, and it allows the wheels to run smoothly on the cleaning surfaces. Its filtration system limits particles from entering the vacuum. It is one of the quietest vacuum cleaners. Its technology works to ensure that it achieves noise reduction. Its motor produces up to 1350 watts that give an incredible suction. Additionally, it features zero m cleaning brushes that offer nonstop hair removal. It works to ensure it leaves a beautiful good looking surface.
- It has a dust cup capacity of 15 quarts
- It uses a dual technology in cleaning
- Its canister can detach and reach the cleaner head
- Has a code length of about 30 feet
- It weighs 16lbs
- It uses an anti-allergen seal
- It uses rinsed HEPA filtration system
- The rollers are easy to clean
- It does not produce sound while cleaning
- It offers a strong suction
- It is easy to clean and handle
- Compatible with various types of surfaces
- Its short hose limits the coverage of the cleaner
- It tends to be a bit heavy
7. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
It uses Zero M technology. This technology ensures that the hair that wraps around the brush roll removes. When using the vacuum, a structure works to ensure it separates strands from debris it collects. Additionally, the lift-away technology provides that you easily switch from upright cleaning mode to lift away method. The lift-away mode also allows access to the small spaces and corners of your house.
It is excellent in deep cleaning activities. It gives no chances of leaving the smaller debris behind. The filtration system effectively traps air pollutants leaving the place so clean and fresh. Since it is bagless, it uses the dirt cup to collect dirt, and then you will detach it and dispose of it in a bag.
- It is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner with a power cord of about 25 feet long
- It uses a technology that facilities hair removal continuously
- Features a lift-away technology that enhances switching of modes
- Has a powerful motor that produces 800 watts and cleans in 12 inches paths
- It uses an anti-allergen technology that prevents dirt from entering into the vacuum
- It comes at an affordable price
- The vacuums canister is so easy to attach and detach thus easy maintenance
- Its accessory makes it easy to clean upstairs
- It provides a smooth transmission therefore suitable for deep cleaning
- Its rotating features make it easy to handle
- The extension cord seems to be too short
- The brush roll might at times wrap hair around it
- It features no LED lights
8. Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
It is the latest type of vacuum on this brand. It comes with advanced features such as an LCD panel on the handle. The panel works to indicate the time when you are cleaning and the mode of power you are using. Additionally, it shows various clips on how to get the vacuum back in to place if it tends to fail.
Even though it is cordless, it works to give you a more extended working period as compared to others. Its powerful motor produces watts and powerful enough to maintain the suction. The head can rotate every easily; thus it moves around swiftly. It uses the HEPA filtrations to eliminate particles in the air.
- It offers a high suction as compared to other cord-free cleaners
- It uses an auto mode thus adapts to different surfaces
- It features a digital motor that delivers a high suction power
- It is a whole machine filtration
- It is versatile and gives up to an hour of floor cleaning that will not fade
- It gives you a variety of modes through the LCD panel
- Consists of a powerful motor
- The design of the handle makes it easy to move around
- Suitable for carpet cleaning
- It has a high filtration quality
- It is a bit heavy to carry
- Its battery life might not last for more extended hours
- The vacuum does not come with an accessory bag
- The head provides a high torque when in a low power mode
- It tends to be expensive
9. Shark LZ601, APEX UpLight Lift-Away DuoClean
It is a vacuum that uses hypervelocity technology to lift debris from the floor. Its powerful motor enhances this as it produces a great suction mode. Besides, the engine produces a high speed that increases airflow and accelerates the suction power. As the names suggest ‘uplight, ‘it is light-weight and gives an upright suction power.
The light-away technology works to help you separate the vacuum pod from the rest of its body. The pod allows you to easily clean areas that are out of reach. It also features a dual technology that provides multiple essential cleaning tools. Its design is easy to handle. It features sturdy wheels at the bottom to ensure stability. It is also one of the best two in one vacuum cleaners.
- The vacuum gives a direct airflow to enhance its performance while deep cleaning
- The pod is light to handle to reach the hardest parts of the room
- It features a dual technology that enhances deep cleaning
- It comes with a self-cleaning brush that picks up much hair from the floor
- It uses the anti-allergen filtration system to get rid of dust particles
- It is suitable for various types of floor
- Very light thus easy to lift
- Consists of a fantastic filtration system
- Comes with LED lights that light the dark places
- Can be converted into a vacuum
- The vacuum tends to be expensive
- It does not come with accessories
- Comes with a small dirt cup size
10. Miele Compact C1 Turbo Team canister cleaner
Just like any other vacuum, it features a HEPA filtration system. The system works to trap dust particles and allergens when vacuuming. It is among the rare brands that feature vortex technology. It works to enhance the flow of air, thus improving the rate at which the vacuum works. It allows the cleaner to pick up every fine particle on the floor. Furthermore, it separates the larger debris from little ones. It enhances more natural cleaning and maintains the vacuum filter.
The most incredible thing about this vacuum is that it uses two motors. One motor powers the suction while the other powers the brush. Besides, it comprises materials that can withstand harsh and frequent use of the tool. The brush is also sensitive on hard floors. It works to ensure that it does not leave scratches on the floor.
- It produces a high suction of about 1200 watts
- It features tools that quickly pick up pet hair easily
- The vacuum can adjust to a preferable height
- It can cover a large radius of vacuum (29.5 feet)
- Features a soft brush that gives a gentle touch on hard floors
- It gives you a potent suction
- Has a sealed filtration air system
- The vacuum is durable and of high quality
- It produces no sound when in use
- It features a very comfortable handle and design
- Its budget price is a bit higher
- The maintenance of the filtration system is costly
- It has refurbished models in the market
Things to consider when buying a vacuum cleaner
Watch out for the amount of power the machine uses. It is a vital point always to consider if you intend to purchase a vacuum. It shows you how powerful the device will be. If you want to freshen up your home and get all the debris collected, then you should go for a powerful machine. Besides, always go for a powerful tool that can effectively clean your house.
Consider the weight of the vacuum
You should know that weight is a significant determinant when choosing a vacuum cleaner. Different vacuum serves various purposes. In most instances, small and medium sizes are ideal for multi-level works. Heavy vacuums are suitable for single floors. Ensure you have enough information on the type of your floor and house before you go shopping.
Check how louder it can be during vacuuming
There are varieties of types of vacuums in the market. Some are so noisy, and others are quiet. Most people shop the quiet vacuums as they do not like to cause noise pollution. However, it depends on your preferences. Besides, it is recommended to choose a vacuum that is less noisy so that you effectively handle it well while cleaning.
Look out for the condition of the filter
Different vacuums come with a separate filtration system. For instance, we have the HEPA and anti-allergen filtration that are most common. Always make sure that the filtration system of the vacuum is in good condition. Filters serve a significant role in eliminating dust and allergic particles. Keep in mind that you should replace them after some time.
Consider the bag or bagless vacuum
Both the vacuums are high. However, when using the bagless vacuum, you get more convenience. It is because it detaches itself and empties the bin on the command of a button.
Vacuum cleaners are the best machines when it comes to cleaning. It is because they work to ensure that the environment is clean, fresh, and free from allergic particles. However, you should know what to choose the right vacuum, and there are a lot of things you should consider.
All ensure that you have detailed research on the variety of vacuums available in the market. Get a vacuum that its style and performance go hand in hand with your preferences. In general, you should ensure that your floor can handle the type of vacuum you intend to buy.